Munich // Full-Time // Starting ASAP
About Avi Medical
We are on a mission to elevate the patient experience and provide the best possible primary care by combining technology with a human touch. Avi Medical runs patient-centric, tech-enabled medical practices that provide a convenient, personalized and holistic digital and physical patient experience unlike regular general practitioners. We employ our medical doctors and provide them a 21st century work environment that enables them to deliver the best care.
We are looking for our first full-time Security Engineer capable of hitting the ground running and covering all things security. You will have the chance to influence how we approach information security as a company and wear many (white) hats while working with the leadership team, all of the engineering team, and other departments to educate them on best practices. As we grow, an important part of the job will be ongoing threat detection and mitigation as well as developing policies for the rest of the organization to follow.
- Own the company’s information risk management and threat detection
- Hands-on threat mitigation in the event of malicious actors against the company
- Create and enforce information security and data privacy policies
- Work with and mentor engineers on product security best practices
- Ensure compliance yet also challenge EU and Healthcare regulations
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field with emphasis in Security
- 2+ years of experience working as a security or software engineer
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems and several programming languages such as Java or Python
- Hands-on experience with most of our core technology stack: Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Mysql, Elasticsearch
- Interest in compliance and enforcement of policies such as GDPR, ISO 27001, NIST, HIPAA, Hitrust
- Audit experience is a plus
- Highly motivated and ability to bring structure to uncertainty
- Ability to work with and influence outside of your immediate domain
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary package plus work from home options
- Virtual Stock Option Package
- A clear growth path to become the most modern and digital health company in Germany
- Development budget of 1000€ per year. Can be more if you convince us ;)
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- For your physical health, we provide healthy snacks, drinks, gym membership, and the healthiest travel method, a bicycle. And of course free check-ups at one of our Avi Medical Facilities
- For your mental health, we provide 6 private coaching sessions throughout the year with one of many great psychologists via nilo.health
- State-of-the-art work gear and noise-canceling headphones
- Team dinners and offsite quarterly getaways
- Cool office in the heart of Munich with an international and ambitious team
- The chance to have a real impact on human lives!
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, colour, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic.